Saturday, December 19, 2009

Loss

Hanxian's friend's sister just passed away. She was only 21 years old, a medicine student. She was diagnosed with brain lymphoma.

I feel really sad because just today at service, the whole church prayed for her. But her illness has already eroded her completely, and when she was diagnosed, she was already well into the terminal stage.

Before Hanxian told me of her demise, I was still reading her blog, then as I was reading her journey since April this year, Hanxian suddenly told me that Christine has passed away.

The sudden wave of emotions, I don't really know how to describe it. I don't know her at all, but just the thought of someone's life, just gone like this. It was kind of hard to grapple with how I felt. One moment I was reading about how she went out for Japanese food with her family, the next moment, she is gone. Just like that.

She's definitely in a better place now, without pain and aches, and with God. I pray for the recovery of her family.

Sigh, I hope no one close to me will get cancer or what. It's really emotionally draining. It's very sad. I will be crying a lot and it's just really sad. Looking at her pictures and all already made me super teary.

It's so important to treasure your life, what you have, and the people around you. So that if anything happens to you, at least you know everyone around you knows how much you love them.

Zomg, I LOVE YOU ALL BEZZZZZZZZ. I love you too Jinglong! I love my family inclusive of my Xiaohei, Mocha and Muffin. Sighhhhhhh I'm so sad. Going to bed with a heavy heart.

0 comments: