Hi all, I was reading a friend's blog when she did like a summary of her year. I am greatly spurred by that therefore I decided to sweep of the thick layer of virtual dust off my blog and do something for the end of 2009. This entry is so special it has pictures.
First. Completing the frigging 21km marathon is probably my greatest achievement this year. It was insanely tiring but I completed it. Couple of months back before the marathon, Jinglong and I were really psyched about the run, thinking that we could fulfill at least 20 runs before the actual marathon. But the truth? I think we only managed the maximum of 5 runs? I think he probably ran more than me. But anyway, we did it, and 23 days after the run, I realise that two of my big toe nails are going to fall off. HAHAHA sick shit, I didn't paint any colour on it so you can see it if you see me.
Second. I turned 20 in June this year. It was a surprise picnic planned by my favouritest people in the world, my Bezzzzzzzzzz gang. Yes I know I turn a year older each year, but this year was extra special because this party included Jinglong too. It was the first time Jinglong met Bez together and I'm kinda glad that they are all quite okay, maybe except for Bernice and Jinglong. Clash of their 8 characters or something. But it was a superb day for me and I was so damn happy I was smiling the whole time. And! Their surprise really was a surprise. It totally worked out. I think it was because I just listened to them and did all the funny things they told me to do, like sit at a particular spot and face this particular direction when we were gonna take a picture together. It was a kickass day for me and I am forever thankful and appreciative of my wonderful Bez!!!!! Lub joo allllll!
Third. Jinglong and I celebrated our first year anniversary at Botanic Garden in June this year. It was quite a rough day for both of us because we got lost. Well ok we didn't get lost. The fecking GPS lied to us. Outright. But anyway it managed to find our way to another part of the park, settled on our picnic mat, and had our food and beer. I can't really recall what we were talking about but we saw a hugeass rottweiler with a hugeass muzzle on its face. What a sight. But anyway, the point is that thanks for everything and all that we've gone through together, good or bad. We always talked about how a relationship with someone is actually a learning journey, that we'd learn to become better people, to become better partners to one another. At this very point, we've already reached our 1.5 years together and I'm still glad I have you :) I love you!
Fourth. For one moment I was thinking if it was forth, I must be crazy. Anyway, this is Nic my good friend who lives in some unknown place on Earth. (By the way Nic this is appreciation day, ENJOYYYYYY IT.) A little about appreciation day, I started this nonsense a few years back I think. About how we should appreciate our friendship because, Nic here, is actually a friend I met on the Internet about 6 years ago. We only met up a couple of times and most of the time, we spend chatting on MSN. Since he went overseas to study about 3 years ago, we still talk despite the time difference, and the utter, complete, lack of common things between us. It is a very funny friendship and he is a really good friend. I'm not so sure if he actually reads the my ranting because his usual responses are 'lol' and 'wtf'. But nevertheless, he rarely tells me to shut up. He is a better friend than that asshole Kenny who ditched me for army and his girlfriend. It's okay to say this because Kenny will never read this. And even if he does I don't care. Anyway, back to Nic, he does give me some sound advice too. For example, because he knows I'm going to Bangkok this weekend, he reminded me to knock the hotel door before I enter. Thx mate.
Fifth. My family has always been good to me. This is a picture of my dad's 48th birthday in September. My mom's alright, still supportive as ever and she's really the bestest mother I can ever ask for. My dad is okay, he is good to me but so awfully bad-tempered and overweight. But it's okay, it is good for my brother because now I divert my nagging to my dad instead of him. My brother is still great and funny. But he's kinda dirty (imo) and he's bigass. Perspires like a pig, poor thing. But the great thing about him is that he stands up for me. One time during the year, my mom and aunt were surfing the Internet and they found my blog. He actually told them that they shouldn't be reading it. Quite funny, my mom was very amused when she told me. My aunt is still living with us, she's quite okay just talks a bit too loud and too much. Gives my brother and me something common to complain about. It's actually quite funny, the things my brother says. This year she bought a new laptop and made my brother do the whole setup for her. During this painfully noisy process, my brother came into the room and said "doesn't even read a damned word."
Last, but not least. Addition of a new pet to my house early in March. Muffin the Kat! By the way, forgot to tell you all this, her birthday is actually on Valentine's Day! I think Bez would agree that she's the best addition to my house. But of course, there is also consensus that Muffin is damn guailan now as compared to how she was when she first arrived. Small and mostly white. Now she's just some chao bin lao auntie who is damn bad tempered. But okay la she's still cute to me. I still love my Xiaohei ok~
Anyway there you have it. Just a few things to be thankful about in 2008. I will be spending the start of 2010 in Bangkok, am flying off on the 2nd. Will be back on the 6th. I hope I don't get scammed or meet any weirdass Thai people.
Thank you all my dear friends for such a memorable year. I hope that next year will be better, I will try to take more pictures, keep more memories of everyone dear to me.
Byeee~!*
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
End of Year Specials
Posted by Gladys at 4:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment