I love to watch mute people sign to each other. Not because I'm basking at their inability to speak, but I love the way they look at each other, so intently.
I watched a couple sign to each other on a train. The lady tapped the man's arm and signed furiously, and he looked at her, smiled, and did a silent laugh. I watched how he was looking at her, and he looked like he was really listening to her, and paying attention to what she is saying.
I'm not trying to imply that I'll give up my voice for people to look at me, because I already have people who'll look at me when I talk. But it's just that when you have a little more than someone else, you will tend to treasure what you have, and be a better person to someone else.
Monday, December 14, 2009
Fascinating
Posted by Gladys at 11:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment