Monday, May 18, 2009

Unemployment

Dear all

It's been almost a month since my last paper and I am still unemployed. I spent the last 4 weeks or so doing.. nothing in particular. But last night I had a long-due epiphany that I should spend my hours doing something productive so I woke up early on a Monday (after checking) morning to go running.

I feel refreshed and good. I should do it more often. Then as I was running, I had another epiphany. I should get a logbook to write down the days that I actually put on my running shoes to run. Then when I reach like my 20th run within like two months or so, I can buy myself an expensive bag of some sort. Like self-motivation. I think it is quite effective because I really like bags of some sort and I get to exercise.

(A little irony about unemployment, you got a lot of time to think but you're the fastest to get dementia.)

Okay you know what, I took a 15-minute break from blogging and now I got a tiny yellow logbook. And what will make this plan more effective, is that I get monetary incentives from my mom if I reach my goal for running. I'm quite certain she'll be okay with it because she's very supportive of my exercising.

Okay I just called my mom and she told me if I dropped 7kgs she'll give me 400$. But the exercise thing, she's not too concerned. I was kinda sad, but it's okay I will buy myself something! I don't think I will be dropped 7kgs in a month, unless I'm really ill or I stop eating from today onwards.

My goal for this is to exercise at least 10 times in a month, I will record down my weight just to see if I am losing weight, but all in all, I just want to at least run 10 times in a month. That is difficult okay because there are only 4 weeks in a month and to hit 10 times, I'll need to exercise about 2-3 times a week! I can do 2-3 times a week but I usually last about 2 weeks. So this time round, I am going to run for a month, 2-3 times a week and reach my goal! My deadline is 18th of June because today's 18th of May.

To illustrate my point...




Yeah, I think you'd think I'm really bored. I guess I'm really quite bored but I also want to do something meaningful. Exercising is meaningful enough. I decided to start small and not focus too much on my weight so I don't get too depressed. Numbers outside of a Math textbook can piss me off too. Like my weight, ridiculously pricey clothes, my age etc.

It's a small goal, almost insignificant, but it's good practice on the topic of consistency.

0 comments: