Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Curling up and mulling

It's been a week since the end of my examinations and I am just hiding at home, away from the unpredictable weather. It's scorching one day, and the next, raining cats and dogs. It's really unimaginable how people can live in this kind of weather.

Nothing interesting happened lately with the exception of Bernice's birthday yesterday! Happy birthday Cat, you're 20 years old now, I hope I never have to be in the twenty-something club. I painted her a picture of Bezgang and boy was it hard work. And the funniest thing is that Bernice looks like Michael Jackson in the picture. Happy birthday Cat I lub joo you're the bestest thing that I've taken away from after staying in the dreadful secondary school for four ghastly years.

I just watched Love Actually on my laptop while eating lunch and I realised it's probably the 10th time I'm watching this show. It's amazing how unboring the show it. In fact, I think it's really one of the best Christmas movies I've ever watched and I've always loved Christmas movie.

You know, when you don't go out much, you hardly have opinions of any other things except for things you've experienced a long long long long time ago. And unopinionated blog entries are like rallies for boring life and unawesome experiences.

Okay let's start with the recent saga on the Aware case. I don't quite get the hoo-ha on this because honestly, from my point-of-view, it's just a clash of ideologies. I mean, yes you live by your religion and you believe that pro-homosexual ideology should not be compaigned for the general public and you believe, strongly, that Aware has lost its objectives while supporting the lesbians and homosexuals.

I'm not going to take sides, I am a Christian and of course, the bible says homosexuality is a sin. But the thing is, there is a need to take into account that homosexuality exists and not everyone is a Christian, or at least, a radical one. It takes open-minded people to come together to work together. Not stage a revolution which you only read about in History books.

I call it a revolution because it was planned, there was an agenda and motive for joining the group, and it is, to overthrow the old members whom the Christians felt were inappropriate. But what they forget is that different people have different definitions of inappropriate. I don't think it's inappropriate to help and support homosexuals because it is really, what our society is evolving into. More people are going through identity crisis and everything, and Aware is there to help and support!

It takes more to help the sinners, than to forgo them completely. I'm sure they all need help just as any other heterosexual person around. I read in the papers that someone suggested that the group remained secular.

EXACTLY!

It should remain secular because from the very start of its existence, it did not aim to spread the gospel. The believers should have started another group of their own because now they're seemingly changing Aware into a Christian group, which, I think, not many people are in-sync with.

It's good that you want more people to be saved, but in the midst of it, the idea of co-existing with other believers of other religions seem to be lost.

Ah well, many people don't really care about this problem actually. And I'm not surprised since there are so many other problems looming. The recession, the swine flu.... and maybe the solar storm.

It's so scary to know that there are so many pending disasters that are going to wipe out a lot of people, or at least disrupt our livelihood.

Now I don't know if I should spend all my money on things I don't need so I will die with no regrets or if I should watch telly.

Oh life is full of difficult choices...... what a particularly mundane and depressing Tuesday.

0 comments: