Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Inspiring moments

Hi all.

It's the 3rd of February which means we're already a month into 2009. So fucking fast. I can't believe it. It seems like just yesterday when the lousy countdown concert was on and the one on Channel 8 was just ridiculous noises. Chinese New Year is over, Valentine's Day is coming. And before you know it, the essay deadlines will be arriving and Bernice's birthday is coming and exams will be over and my birthday will be coming and I'll be a fucking big 2-O and Jinglong's birthday will be over and good lord, I'll be in year 2.

I know I'm just blabbering but at the rate I'm growing old, I fear that I will become 50 in no time and there'll probably be a lot of things I haven't done.

I think I'm having a crisis. Not a midlife crisis because I'm still young, but also not an identity crisis. I don't know, I'm just having a minor panic attack.

But anyway, in order to calm myself down, I'm proud to say that I've achieved some things that I've been wanting to get.

#1. During this CNY, I finally learnt mahjong and oh my it's so addictive.
#2. I finally bought my dSLR after contemplating for so long and yes folk, I'm a budding photographer. Am really excited about it!
#3. Did some work during CNY and have not skipped a single lecture.

I'm terribly proud of myself, especially #3.

I guess at this very point in time, I am really happy to be me. Though a little to the fat side, but it's okay, I'm really happy to have what I have and to know whom I know. I think this is one of the moments whereby I need to record it down to remind myself that the world is wonderful at my greyest moments.

Have a nice day everyone!

0 comments: