Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Blues

I've been having an extended Monday blues till today. It's already Wednesday and I'm still sitting around blogging.

Anyway I did get work done, surprisingly. I really think I'm becoming hardworking after being in university. I guess 90% of the time I do my work because I really, really have nothing else to do. Hoho, but that's not a bad thing, nothing to do excludes doing work anyway, so at least I get things done.

Yesterday I went on an inaugural trip with my new camera. Went to Bugis to take some pictures. I'm terrible at taking pictures of people because half the time I'm worried someone will come to me and smash my camera on my head. My skull and my heart will break. I mean, who'll like it that someone comes around with a flashy-looking camera and snaps a picture of you!

I was at the temple area behind Bugis Village and I saw a couple of monks taking pictures too, and woah, their cameras look waaaaaay better than mine. They must be doing quite well!

I'm feeling kind of funny. Like a mixture of nostalgia and wist. I think it's because of the Norah Jones songs that have been on repeat since a long time ago. They are so slow... dreamy and sometimes really sad. Really nice though.

I read this blog about love, unrequited love and whatnot. But it's a really sad blog. I was quite sad. I remember reading the blog of a girl whose boyfriend died about a year ago in Brunei during his NS. Good grief, I cried like nobody's business when I read the blog. It was really, really terrible. Then I realised that I suck at coping with loss. Funnily, it's applicable in all aspects. I suck at losing weight.

But anyway, I need to stop injecting mirth into serious and solemn moments. I just think that loss is one concept in life that is very difficult to grasp, it's difficult to get over, it's difficult to go through it, it's just a difficult issue altogether.

I guess the way I handle loss is really, just the noisy and teary manner, where I'd weep and weep and weep till the sun comes down. But I guess in a way, it takes courage to move on too. I don't know if I've ever displayed such courageous acts but I guess in life, I just gotta learn how to.

Nonono, nothing happened between Jinglong and I. We're still happy people. I am just getting in touch with my emotional side, which happens to be a big side.

I'm going for a nap.

0 comments: