Saturday, December 06, 2008

It dawned to me

That if I want to stay sane for the rest of my life as a teacher....

I don't need my students to like me.

As in, okay if I establish a very fierce and monstrous reputation, which mind you, I can, then I'll have a smooth sailing teaching career glaring at people and teaching important concepts.

I need to find this balance; getting them to like me just slightly, enough for them to listen to me in class. But not enough for them to climb up my head and shit all over.

Yeah how about that, good plan right? I think it's not a bad plan.

I think this is what happens to you when you just sit around and watch telly, a couple of hours of friends, some Jack Sparrow, Enchanted, TVB drama, a lot of channel switching, and finally, tired eyes.

I'm leaving for Korea next Friday. Every time I'm going to take the plane, I always get consumed by thoughts such as 'if it crashes, that's it'. Ya I think I'm going a bit mad, with or without the help of students. But anyway, it wouldn't, so I'll be back on the 19th with canned Kimchi and lots of nice cutsie things. Teng if you still want your things, you better print or email me, though I think I won't be shopping at those proper proper places, but it's worth a try if you like.

Byebye fish soup, hello ginseng chicken!

0 comments: