Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving

If we follow the US tradition, tomorrow's Thanksgiving.

I think Singaporeans should start celebrating Thanksgiving too. We need to be thankful for the things we have because, obviously, some people just don't realise what they have.

From having a pair of good working legs to excellent eye sight, I even think people who are not myopic should be thankful for that because you seriously don't understand the pain of having to wear glasses or contacts. Those of you with lasik, be thankful you're brave and rich, or at least, okay with parting of the thousands.

Anyway, because I'll be working tomorrow, I decided to do a short list of things I'm thankful for. Just.. impromptu stuff.

I'm thankful for..

  • My family - without my parents I wouldn't have nice legs. Without my dad I wouldn't have my dear Xiaohei. Without my mom I wouldn't have learn how to take life as it is, I wouldn't know how to handle my emotions. Without my brother I'd probably smash a couple of monitors due to frustration and I'd probably spend a lot more if he didn't download for me all the kickass resolution movies. My aunts and cousins are wonderful people, love their company.
  • My friends - Bezzzzgang! They're my funny bone. I've got Nic who'll listen to me complain but doesn't give two hoots and will proceed on to show me his favourite cantonese song. Kenny, who.. is Kenny. He's a goooood friend. Sorry Kenny you're so boring I don't know what to write for you. I've got Lizzzzzz my crazy roommate - who happens to like cooking, eating, reading and singing. My friends from school, good thing I got to know them if not school will be really mundane and depressing. My friends from hall, they add to the whole experience!
  • Living in Singapore and thus be able to blog this list. Well I'm making this comparison with countries such as Kenya and Bangladesh.
  • Having supportive people around me.
  • Church and God.
  • Possessing the ability to read, I cannot imagine my life if I can't read.
  • Beautiful books and movies that keep me afloat.
  • All my five senses.
  • Health.
  • dictionary.com and gmail.com
  • Hi baby, I'm thankful for you, and you know that. No order of importance whatsoever okay. Thankful that you came into my life, swept me off my size 39 feet with your Italian accent and amazing humour. You're wonderful, and I love you.
Okay, I guess that's, in short, what I'm thankful for. This is, by no means, an exhaustive list, but it's basically what I can think of at this point of time.

There are so many things to be thankful for isn't it?

You know how people always say that life is full of regrets right? That when you grow old and there're so many things you wanted to do, or didn't want to do and all that. Well, yes, there'll definitely be regrets in life, but everyone should learn to forgive themselves.

I hope you have something to be thankful about.

0 comments: