Friday, November 21, 2008

Closure

To Semester One :(

No happy face because I've got seven more closures to go before I wave hello to working life. I don't know if I'll miss studying but I sure wouldn't miss projects and essays.

Anyhow anyhoo, today's the last day of my examinations! Finally man. I packed quite a bit of things home because I won't be staying in hall anymore. I was packing and packing and I realised the amount of toiletries I'm bringing home is even heavier than the bag pack I carry with my laptop in it. It's amazing the amount of chemicals I apply on myself. I'm beginning to think that it's just a psychological thing.

I came home, had dinner, watched telly and went to buy ingredients because I wanted to cook steam carrot cake, lor bak gou, tomorrow. I reached home at about 9ish and guess what!

I went to cook it.

HAHAHAHA. It was done at 11:15pm. But I'm sad to say that it was not a successful try. Yes I did get the texture right and everything. But I didn't add enough pepper and salt. So bland. I was quite disappointed with myself.

Actually I'm very disappointed with myself because I've been SALIVATING at the thought of lor bak gou because I really, really love it. I've been hallucinating about it for weeks. I found the recipe some weeks back and sometimes when I get bored of studying I'll think about my lor bak gou and everything will be okay again knowing that I can make it once I'm done with my exams. But nooooooooooo, not enough pepper and salt. The two most simple things that made a world of difference.

I'm quite upset!!!!!!!

My mom tried to console me by saying that she can fry it with chai por and eggs so there'll be some taste to it. Well, I'm inconsolable though I know that'll work quite fine. But I really just wanted to eat it on its own!!!! I love the idea that it has no oil and I can just eat a slice for a meal. But actually after making it and putting all the ingredients together... it's one frikking fattening dish. Hahaha.

Anyway good thing it's only one plate of it. I'll just ask my mom to cut some up and fry and the rest can go with chilli and once it's cleared, ROUND TWO.

This time I'll make sure I'll put sufficient salt and pepper and when it comes out no one will bother frying it because the extra work is not needed. It's excellent on its own.

Anyway, stupid fucking recipe.

A DASH OF PEPPER AND 1 TSP OF SALT.

Whole family got kidney failure?

0 comments: