Sunday, September 21, 2008

Set aside time

For a breather, for a refresher.

Finally I have time to do a long entry. Today's Sunday and it's officially my first day of the recess week.

Yes, my school is giving me a week to complete all my revision and essays and start the second half of the term with tests. I'm not quite excited about it but I'm pretty sure I'm going to make full use of this week to rest and to do my work.

I think I did quite a good job at relaxing today. I watched telly from 2pm till 6pm. There was MTV Cribs, which lasted for around four hours? I love that show. They show the houses of celebrities, and my word, their houses are fantastic. If you still didn't know, I'm quite a furniture fan. I believe my house is going to be very awesome next time, (and hopefully less cluttered).

And just an hour ago, I switched on the radio and read P.S. I Love You. My dear baby bought me the book some time ago and I finally have time to re-read it. So you might have already guessed, I'm having a mini emofest now.

It's really very sad to lose someone you love. I read the first letter Gerry wrote to Holly, about how she whispered to him that she couldn't make it without him, about how he felt, so strongly, that she can, and she will. I just couldn't help but cry.

I think since I'm very free, I shall type the letter out because I'm such a stupid emo kid.


My darling Holly,

I don't know where you are or when exactly you are reading this. I just hope that my letter has found you safe and healthy. You whispered to me not long ago that you couldn't go on alone. You can, Holly.

You are strong and brave and you can get through this. We shared some beautiful times together and you made my life... you made my life. I have no regrets.

But I am just a chapter in your life - there will be many more. Remember our wonderful memories, but please don't be afraid to make some more.

Thank you for doing me the honour of being my wife. For everything, I'm eternally grateful.

Whenever you need me, know that I am with you.


Love for ever,
Your husband and best friend,
Gerry.


I wonder who is in a more difficult situation. But anyway, I think that's a stupid question. It'll be difficult both ways. Watching your loved one watch you die, and watching your loved one die. But I think staying strong will help. Stay strong, so both parties will have one thing less to worry about.

Letting go is difficult. And grieving is part of that difficult process.

OK STOP!!!!!!! It's supposed to be a happy recess week whereby I can rest and catch up with my couple of my pengyous. Not sad emofest!!!

I just asked Waiyee out for lunch because I haven't seen her ever since she left for China in late March. That's about half a year!

Anyway, as promised, I'll upload some pictures. Not in chronological order, and not many pictures too because I'm lazy!!!!! (I didn't even edit them.)





That'll be two happy people celebrating their third month together at Sun with Moon, this fantastic Japanese restaurant! We forgot to take picture of my favourite dish there, Rainbow Roll. Oh dear mother, the rainbow roll is absolutely delicious. I don't know what they do to the sushi, but it's fantastic. I order that dish to savour every moment of it in my mouth. I think Jinglong agrees to order it to look at my award-winning look when I put one sushi roll in my mouth. But crazily delicious. It's beyond your imagination.

I think Sun with Moon should pay me for the advertisement.

(Just a side note - my brother just told me he's suffering from severe lack of sleep and only sleeps for two hours each night. I absolutely cannot believe him. When I come back during the weekends, he usually falls asleep straightaway once he lies on the pillow and he snores for the Queen of England. I'd believe him if he said he keeps waking himself up, but severe lack of sleep?!!? But anyway, being the nice teacherly sister, I just politely tell him to rest more.)

Anyway, we had a bezgang outing to celebrate Teng's 20th birthday. (Solly, I just had to put the '20th' there to remind myself that my age still starts with a 1 HAHAHHA)

But before we met for the-disgusting-dinner-at-pizza-hut, Bernice, Xiaohei and I went for a photoshoot at the field next to my house. Well, ok Xiaohei didn't know where I was bringing her........ but anyway, here are a couple of pictures from the photoshoot.


That's Bernice with a nice white umbrella. I think she looks good. But usually she's an unnatural moron. But it's okay I still love her.

Okay the other three pictures refuse to be uploaded. I'll keep you all distracted with the conversation I'm having with Nic now. He's starting school tomorrow and I asked him a feminine question.

gladys says (11:45 PM):
what you gonna wear
gladys says (11:45 PM):
HAHAHAHA
impermanence says (11:46 PM):
wtf
impermanence says (11:46 PM):
normal loh

Oh just yesterday, I was by the pool from 10am till 7pm. I was learning CPR and how to save an unconscious victim from the pool. Isn't that great? Even though I'm not certified yet, I can save your life if your heart stops beating. But I think I'd better check if I'll be charged for murder or not. What they call it? Manslaughter.

Okay the pictures are done.


That's my beautiful baby!


That's me looking unusually slim and my baby!


And that's Teng making a wish. 'I wish my boobies grow bigger and I become richer.' HAHAHAHHAHA NO I'M JUST KIDDING TENG MUACKS. Oh btw, my mom told me that you're becoming prettier and your dressing is very nice. Aren't you happy!!!!!!!

Anyway, as you can see, I'm having a ball. I just wish I had my own dslr instead of using Liz's one all the time. She's probably going to leave a stupid tag about that. I'm gonna poison you soon ok Liz. HAHAHAHA.

Liz and I are having a ball at hall too. But it's getting hotter nowadays. I wonder who'll kill first.

I miss my baby. He went night cycling on Saturday night and we didn't really talk much today because he is so tired from last night's activity. I will never sign up for night cycling because just half a day at Ubin can already kill me, so I won't make the same mistake again after signing up for life-saving (and paid a hefty 200bucks). I KNOW MY LIMITS!

But anyway, that wasn't to complain about him. On Friday night, he actually came over to hall and spent the night with me, despite having night cycling on the following day, because Liz went home in the afternoon. I'm really happy that he's putting in so much effort to spend time with me.

I don't quite know how to phrase it properly but I'm really thankful that I got to know Jinglong. On our first date, he was swearing in Italian. On our second date, he talked to me with his eyes. On our fifieth date, he bought me a slice of chocolate cake and told me he kept track.

It's been only three months, but hey,
we've got a lifetime to go.

0 comments: