Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Happy 2 months!

Hiya! Today's my second month with Mr Teo Jinglong!

Very fast right? I also say.

He gave me this card which he has kept with him for more than five years. LOL. I think my boyfriend is very interesting and extremely nice.

But anyway, on the front cover of the card it says, 'I'm so glad we found each other'

I can't describe to you how bloody frigging glad I am.

We had a short and nice celebration. My poor baby was out the whole day, had trials at night and he drove down to pick me up and we went for supper. We went to a nearby coffeeshop, ate and bought some things back to my hostel. We talked the whole time, about school, about lectures, about projects, about everything.

I am really happy lah I tell you all. I mean don't you think he's wonderful?!?!?!?!?! I'm really very happy.

I love you baby!

My life
You electrify my life
Let’s conspire to ignite
All the souls that would die just to feel alive

Starlight by Muse


Anyway the second week of school is going to end soon already. Just two more days! Lessons are still quite okay, plus there was no lessons on Monday so the week is still quite okay.

English lectures are by far the most enjoyable of all my modules.

Here's a little exercise for you from my English lecture. Read the pair of sentences and just state or guess which is American English or British English. The answers are at the end of the sentences, just highlight it. I think it's quite interesting and fun! I might actually major in English in the end. (because my Geography lecturers are.......... x.x )

(a) I went to the baker. (referring to the shop) AmE
(b) I went to the baker's. (referring to the shop) BrE

(c) When the ship sank, four hundred and fifty people were rescued. BrE
(d) When the ship sank, four hundred fifty people were rescued. AmE

(e) Nobody likes a know-all. BrE
(f) Nobody likes a know-it-all. AmE

(g) Children love to play with the jump rope. AmE
(h) Children love to play with the skipping rope. BrE

(i) He fed the cat some tidbits. BrE
(j) He fed the cat some titbits. AmE

(k) The first letter of 'zoo' is zed. (referring to "z") BrE
(l) The first letter of 'zoo' is zee. (referring to "z") AmE

(m) You should walk on the pavement. BrE
(n) You should walk on the sidewalk. AmE

(o) Come see our beautiful garden. AmE
(p) Come and see our beautiful garden. BrE


Interesting right! I'm especially amused by (i) and (j) hahaha.

And do you know!!!!! Scuba actually was an acronym! It stands for Self-Controlled Underwater Breathing Apparatus. Hahaha imagine in the past people had to say,'I'M GOING TO DIVE USING MY SELF-CONTROLLED UNDERWATER BREATHING APPARATUS!'

Hahahhahahahahaha.

And radar also used to be an acronym which stands for RAdio Detecting And Ranging.

Interesting right!


I'm really very contented with my life now. Apart from missing home, lousy Geography lectures and impossible-to-comprehend readings, I've got great friends, very funny and nice roommate, fun English lectures, my salary(!!!!!!!), sparkling juice and yakult in my room fridge, a dad who likes to call me, neat and organised files, and my boyfriend who goes the extra mile to make me one happy person.

Walao eh, life is great.

0 comments: