Thursday, June 12, 2008

Heartache

ˈheartache noun
(a feeling of) great sadness

Arabic: وَجَع قَلْب
Chinese (Simplified): 痛心
Chinese (Traditional): 痛心
Czech: úzkost
Danish: hjertesorg; smerte
Dutch: hartzeer
Estonian: südamevalu
Finnish: sydänsuru
French: chagrin
German: der Kummer
Greek: μαράζι
Hungarian: szívfájdalom
Icelandic: hugarangur
Indonesian: kesedihan
Italian: accoramento, angoscia
Japanese: 心痛
Korean: 비탄
Latvian: sirdssāpes; sirdsēsti
Lithuanian: širdgėla
Norwegian: hjertesorg
Polish: smutek
Portuguese (Brazil): pesar
Portuguese (Portugal): pesar
Romanian: durere
Russian: душевная боль
Slovak: žiaľ, zármutok
Slovenian: srčna bolečina
Spanish: pena, pesar
Swedish: hjärtesorg
Turkish: büyük acı, kalp ağrısı


I wonder why does the heart ache. I thought it was just supposed to pump blood to all parts of the body and it isn't exactly capable of emotions, unlike the brain.

I don't know if you've experienced this before but it's like someone squeezing your heart really tightly and makes it a little hard to breathe and sometimes you just have to close your eyes, grit your teeth slightly, take a deep breath and will it away.

The heart is a muscular organ in all vertebrates responsible for pumping blood through the blood vessels by repeated, rhythmic contractions, or a similar structure in annelids, mollusks, and arthropods. The term cardiac (as in cardiology) means "related to the heart" and comes from the Greek καρδία, kardia, for "heart."

Okay see it's a muscular organ. So okay, it'll be like as though your heart contracted. Then there'll be this sour feeling coming from the left side of your chest.

I don't quite like this.

0 comments: