That is Chef Gladys.
Moshi moshi, watashi going to make sushi nehz.
Err, yeah, I'm going to make sushi tomorrow! I've decided to make tamago (egg) maki, kappa maki (cucumber roll), tuna mayo maki and I'm currently exploring chawanmushi hehe. I don't quite like miso soup so much so I'm going to pass on that.
And when I'm better at making those small rolls, I'll try making those thick rolls with ham, tamago, kappa and mayo. Yummmmay. I think it'll be nice. Have to like practise rolling and I must master making the rice nice and sticky since 80% of a sushi meal is the rice thus rice is the most important (quoted from my DIY sushi chef).
Nic says he can make sushi so I reckon sushi-making should be quite simple (HAHAHAHA NIC.)
Anyway, got quite a few things to update!
On Monday, Bezgang reunited and celebrated my birthday. We had dinner, lots of frigging rice. Pineapple rice, thai fried rice. Then they came over to take pictures and we cut cake. My aunt and mom kept taking pictures of us and telling us how young we look and how nice our faces are. They were literally swooning over the pictures we took.
Crazy middle-aged aunties.
But I think I'll be as crazy, if not crazier. Soooo okay.
I'll upload the pictures once I'm done editing them (which probably won't happen so soon because I got plans to swim and make sushi tomorrow hehe.)
Then yesterday! Jinglong finally came back from Taiwan after eight days! Hahah he called me once he got off the plane and we talked for a bit because he was really tired and had to unpack. Haha, he came over the next day (today).
While I was still sleeping, the phone rang, I picked it up. It was Jinglong.
Me: Hello (but sounded quite like a sick pig groaning)
Jinglong: Hi!!
Me: Oh baby can you bring your camera battery cus I collected it yesterday you must test it out. (I said that all because I clearly remembered telling him to call me before he leaves the house so I can wash up and all.)
Jinglong: *laughs* How am I supposed to do that when I'm right outside your door.
Me: OHHH *scrambles out of bed*
Hahhaha anxious people we are.
Anyway, he got me a pair of daisy earrings, a bar of soap that's supposed to smell like the ocean, a really nice seashell photo frame and an envelope full of little notes which he wrote while he was there. He even got my brother and my family something. So nice and thoughtful right!
I'm really glad that he's back.
I miss listening to him complain about his back and his tuition kids. HAHAH.
Now I'm just sitting in the living room, my laptop propped on my lap, the radio's on, blogging, and occasionally pausing for a moment.
To think about the nice tight hug he gave me the moment we could hold each other.
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
シェフ gladys
Posted by Gladys at 9:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment