"And please don't laugh at me now, but I think the reason it's so hard for me is because I seriously believed David was my soul-mate."
"He probably was. Your problem is you don't understand what that word means. People think a soul-mate is your perfect fit, and that's what everyone wants. But a true soul-mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that's holding you back, the person who brings you to your attention so you can change your life. A true soul-mate is probably the most important person you'll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake. Soul-mates, they come into your life just to reveal another layer of yourself to you, and then they leave. David's purpose was to shake you up, drive you out of that marriage you needed to leave, tear apart your ego a little bit, show you your obstacles and addictions, break your heart so that new light could get in, make you so desperate in and out of control that you had to transform your life."
"But I love him."
"So love him."
"But I miss him."
"So miss him. Send him some love and light each time you think about him, then drop it. But here's that you gotta understand, Liz. If you clear out all that space in your mind that you're using right now to obsess about this guy, you'll have a vacuum there, an open spot - a doorway. And guess what the universe will do with that doorway? It will rush in - God will rush in - and fill you with more love than you ever dreamed. So stop using David to block that door. Let it go."
"But I wish me and David could-"
He cuts me off. "See now that's your problem. You're wishing too much, baby. You gotta stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone ought to be."
I'm reading this book (for a frigging long time) and I'm reading so slowly because I keep chancing upon very, very nice and meaning parts which I want to share with you all but am too lazy to do so and thus I leave my bookmark at the same page and I always re-read the pages until I finally decided to tear my bookmark into half.
I thought this part of the book is quite meaningful.
Saturday, May 31, 2008
Soul-mates
Posted by Gladys at 11:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment