Hello everyone! Flickr is up and I'm up! I drank HK milk tea so I'm pretty much awake right now! I'm going to blog one of my longest entry to make up for the lack of updates and I'm going to add lots of pictures! Everything is arranged chronologically.
26th April: Bezgang outing!
I love my bezgang. They're really wonderful people who are of the same frequency as me and I lub them very much and they lub me very much.


I put this because I think I look really good HAHA.


Pune and Nayi. Lub you la Pune.

Take a look at happiness at its very best. :)

Favouritest chio bus.
1st May: CG outing on Labour Day!
I love my CG. They're supportive, super cold and such happy people. They really bring joy to my life. We went to East Coast Park for a picnic! It was great. The sea breeze was doing a good job keeping us cool and we found a shady spot with no crowd around us.

Auntie Rose! Sit with us and take picture la!


Thank you guys. I will miss you all greatly!
4th May: Happy Birthday Mummy!
My mum turned 46 on 3rd of May. I love my mummy. She's the strongest woman I know and she never fails to make me laugh or talk some sense into me when I'm being an idiot. I mean yes, I have my impatient moments with her. But at the end of the day, I know I cannot live without her and I wouldn't be who I am without her.



23rd May: Byebye Greendale :(
Today marks the last day of my time in Greendale. I've been teaching in the school for twenty weeks and really, it has been an experience of a lifetime. I think this job is really my most fulfilling job. It's really very satisfying and I really think I've found my calling in teaching. Anyway, I didn't cry today. I thought I would brawl my eyeballs out, but I didn't. Which is good, because it'll mean that I'll look nice in all the pictures. :D

I must admit, I really like them even though they tend to drive me crazy. Their innocence and simplicity really moved me and encouraged me further to help them. I think I put in the most effort to teach them because I was the only teacher taking the 1NT class for English so basically all their work and assignments are based on what I can prepare for them.
I'd say they are one of the contributing factors that fuelled my passion for teaching.



This is Marilyn's form class, 2E2. I taught them Geography for 2 terms too! They actually planned a farewell party for us. I was really touched by their effort.

They baked muffins and made Koniyaku jelly for us and I was really very, very touched. Okay here comes more pictures.

One of the party planners, Putri.

My favourite Korean twins who taught me the Three Bears song in Korean and danced for me on my last day, Geun Ju and Geun Hye. Both excellent students. Love them love them.

Noisy Corinne! I had to bend down quite a bit HAHAHAHA.

So much laughter... so much joy. I couldn't resist.


Honestly, I was really impressed by the hard work she puts in. And really, it pushed me several notches higher to work towards being a better teacher who can help her students produce results.
She came to the staffroom alone after school and she passed me a plastic bag and thanked me for teaching her. When I heard that, I already felt like crying because I really like her. And because I'm still wide awake, I shall type the letter out to you all.
"My dear teacher, I am happy that I can have a teacher like you. You really helped me a lot. As a foreign student, we really need a teacher like you. As a foreigner living in another country, teachers and friends are like our family. When I m not in a good mood, you always help me. I don't know why is it so coincidental. Honestly, among all the teachers in school, Miss Wee is the one whom I like most and respect. I really feel sad when I heard that Miss Wee will leave us and go off to university. When I do well, Miss Wee praised me a lot and that made me feel that what I have done was correct and it gave me spirit and power to carry on and achieve my goal. And when I did not do well, Miss Wee will encourage me. When I don't know something, Miss Wee will try her best to help me. Which was why I could get so high for Geography and it's all because of Miss Wee. As we are foreigners, our parents are not around us. Teachers are very, very important to us. Miss Wee is one of the teachers who care for me a lot and I really cherish that. When I want to give up, I will remember you and keep jia you. I really feel very lucky that I got to met you. When I see you, my stress will go away but now......., I know that it is good that Miss Wee can achieve higher education. I will pray for you and wish you all the best. 一切顺利! You will become a good teacher in future."
Then she left me her phone number and told me to sms her if I have time.
Are you kidding Haryanti? I'll definitely sms you and give you free tuition in whatever areas I can help you with!
The letter really touched me because I really didn't know I made such a big impact in her life here. Tears welled up in my eyes especially the part when she told me friends and teachers are like her family. I was really moved.
She didn't write the letter in perfect grammar but I could feel every emotion and every little bit of sincerity from the letter. It was bootifool and heartfelt. I really have never been happier to teach. It's really wonderful to know you've left an impact in someone's life. And that that impact will help her in life and encourage her to work hard.
I never knew I could make such a difference.
I read the letter and few thousand times and I'm going to text her tomorrow morning since it's 1:21am right now.
Also today, I went for fellowship dinner with my cg today. I don't know but I think today might be the last time I get to meet them and fellowship together as a cellgroup. I mean they told me I can still meet up with them to have a meal or something and I was really glad.
This is happening because Ian and I went our separate ways and in order to not make things awkward for us and the cg, I'm probably not attending service with them anymore.
Frankly, I feel quite sad to leave because I've been with them for almost five months and they are a great group of people who shower care and concern. They're supportive and they all love the very same faithful God! Hahah, I will definitely miss service with them.
And oh yaaa, I bought a new wallet today from Agnes b. Okay Teng, don't explode when you see this. HAHAHA. I figured I needed a new wallet and I wanted one which I can keep for a longgggggg time so I got it and it's gorgeous. I didn't take a picture of it because it's too dark in my room so the colour looks all weird. Soooo.. I'll just show you guys when we have a gathering.
I just read the letter from NIE and yesssssar I'm soooo going into teaching. I really feel inspired to make a difference in my students' lives and I want them to grow up into sensible and smart people. It'll be wonderful.
I pray that I'll be changing lives and teaching every single lesson with as much gusto as my first day.
I'll be starting my term in NIE on the 23rd of July!
And one last thing, THANK YOU NIC FOR REMEMBERING MY BIRTHDAY!
Nic says (11:53 PM):
excited anot?
Nic says (11:53 PM):
1 more mth
gladys 배시 says (11:54 PM):
excited abt what
Nic says (11:54 PM):
ur bday la
Then as I went on capping about how touched I am that he remembered my birthday...
Nic says (11:56 PM):
eh ur bday
Nic says (11:56 PM):
how?
Nic says (11:56 PM):
19 yrs old
gladys 배시 says (11:56 PM):
nothing lor
gladys 배시 says (11:56 PM):
still 1_
gladys 배시 says (11:56 PM):
so
gladys 배시 says (11:56 PM):
not too bad
Nic says (11:56 PM):
dont worry 2_ will come soon
HAHAHA. Thanks ah Nic.
0 comments:
Post a Comment