Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Scrapbooking

I went out today to buy some scrapbook materials because I want to make something for Ms Tan and Bernice. Okay Ms Tan's birthday is just two more days but Bernice..... 27th April LOL. But anyway she said yesterday that she wants to outdo herself. If you've seen her birthday cards for me, you'll agree that she has to start planning now in order to achieve her goal.

I waited outside this shop at Orchard Midpoint for like twenty minutes because the lady went for lunch. You wonder where's Orchard Midpoint? It's some ulu pandan building next to Orchard Emerald, which is yet another ulu pandan building, which is next to Centrepoint.

Then now you might wonder, how did I stumble upon this dainty shop. Actually I don't quite remember. I think it was one of those days whereby I was alone and I was drifting around the place like an empty bottle at sea. Then I happened to drift into Orchard Midpoint out of curiosity. Then I discovered that amidst all the sex shops and nail salons, there you have it, a craft shop!

Hmm I spent like almost 45 minutes in the store today because I was trying to focus on choosing the paper and also trying to remember what I intend to do. So it took me a lot of neurons to do that. And besides, today is one of those days whereby I suddenly have the urge to go out alone so I had a lot of time. Today's urge was rather strong since it was raining cats and dogs when I left my house. I think I'm insane. But I enjoyed it!

I saw this die-cut machine. Basically the machine helps you to cut out the pattern. I'd love to get this machine since it'll mean I never need to write a single letter anymore and I don't have to use a penknife to trace the alphabets out. But.. the sodding machine, that looks a lot like my sticker factory from ten years ago, is 80$. Hmm I don't think I'm ready to invest that much money on it and besides, I need to spend money buying the stencils too. So...... KIV first.

Anyhow I bought some paper, ribbons and this special thing.. I don't really know what is it called. It's like clay and it can create this.. uneven texture. Very nice if painted over with acrylic paint. Then I went back home and started on my project. I finished a small part of it and then......

I felt so stupid.

It's no fun spending money to buy all the fancy paper and doing it. All I'm doing is cutting and gluing. It's not nice at all! Sigh, stupid no brainer. Lucky I only went on this frenzy for two days. No bloody satisfaction at all. I don't even get to brainstorm how to get this design that is still a thought in my head. I love the process of thinking of different ideas to get what I'm thinking of. And I love it even more to finally figure it out and completing it.

But the clay was quite a good idea because it gives me what I want and it's an easier method compared to what I always do. The die-cut machine would be nice to cut out letters. And I'm looking for those thin penknife. I don't really know how to describe it. Scalpel? Yeah scalpel is the closest I can think of.

So now, I've decided that tools to help me increase efficiency is fine. But my creativity shall not be stunted by ready-made materials.

TOMORROW'S WEDNESDAY! :D

0 comments: