Saturday was my first date with Ian. Well, first sort of date thingy I don't know how you'll describe it but I think I'll settle with heart-warming.
He picked me up from Tampines and off we went in his Renault Megane the keyless-car. (It's super cool, you slot the card into somewhere and press start and the car starts!!!) Hahah it was raining heavily and somehow the drainage system in Tampines is a bit lousy and his car was making mini waves at both sides. Then he was telling me how it's important to grip the steering wheel tightly with both hands because the water will cause the steering wheel to move about. And that made me rethink about getting my license, which coming to think about, I think my BTT is in January.
Moving on! We went to church for Christmas service and I sang all the songs! Though Ian was complaining about how I didn't sing with a smile. Hahahha. They had a Christmas drama which I thought was really good, the acting and singing.
After that he drove me to Vivocity and guess what.
Ian: You watched Alvin and the chipmunks?
Me: No, why?
Ian: Okay I booked tickets for the 910 show.
Me: *speechless*
Hhahahah gosh this was the first time anyone booked tickets for me. Lol I sound like a greenhorn but it's true! The show was not too bad I guess. Quite funny and the singing is super cute. I laughed at some parts though on a whole I think the story has a very weird plot. Singing chipmunks? Lol.
Before the show, the Samsung advertisement came on. It was Melee's Built to last! And we looked at each other at the same time and smiled. It was so nice I could feel my insides melting.
Oh Ian is really bent on me losing weight. I had fish soup for dinner. No rice no beehoon! If I stop blogging, I probably fainted from the lack of carbohydrate. But anyway I was sulking over dinner and he asked me if I knew it was for my own good and he asked if I would be happy three months later and he asked me again if I was still gonna feel miserable.
AHAHAH IM GONNA BE A HOTTY HOT HOTTIE IN THREE MONTHS TIME!
Imagine me slim and sexy. Wow I can't imagine. Good lord I think I'll look fantastic!
HAHAHAHA.
Anyway you know, Ian gave me his childhood blanket because he knew about my.. little secret. And the cutest thing is that he used the sewing machine and sew IAN'S BLANKET in the middle of the blanket. I was dumbfounded and extremely touched. I was grinning from ear to ear. I gave him a lousy Christmas present and he wouldn't let me forget that. When I told him I don't want to compromise to eating an egg per week, he bombarded me with the horrifying memories of his Christmas present. Hahahahh!
No pain, no gain.
(To Bernice, Teng and Yanlin, all those times I told you all to remind me not to eat so much rice etc, it will finally come to an end because I've found a Hitler *cough* baby, who'll stop me from eating and he's actually going through the same thing as me.)
Hahaha. I will not eat so much rice and go jogging whenever I'm free, it's a promise to myself!
Anyway, I just finished this book and the book made me feel so sad. I hate how I always get affected by FICTION. Goodness I'm such a useless pile of emotional crap. But actually it was because one of the girls in the book sounded a little like me. Full of romantic fantasies, knight in shining amour and the beautiful, sacred doctrine of love.
She found this wonderful guy and they're very much in love. Until one day she found him paying for sex. While I was reading, I thought she'll forgive him because she loved him so much and he loved her equally. But then as I was thinking about it.. What's the point? The trust has decimated.. even if she forgave him, will she be able to forget what has happened? Which was true, in the book, she didn't get back together with him. She told him that she cannot love him unconditionally. His lousy comeback was that he was only having sex for the sake of having sex, no emotional attachment, no nothing, and at the end of the day, she'll still be the one most precious to him. She still didn't get back with him. If this happened to me, I wouldn't too. Because that is a warped explanation (which I know is true for many people out there) and because I won't be able to revert back to normal anymore. The trust is gone.. The relationship will be choked with suspicion and doubt and no one will be happy.
I've never read a love story with a sad ending you know. Normally the guy or the girl dies and it'll be a sob story but at the end of the story, you'll know the love never ceased. But this book... making me feel sad and afraid.
Where are you Ian! :(
Sunday, December 23, 2007
Saturday!
Posted by Gladys at 12:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment