I just read Cat's blog and I had such a fun time laughing I decided to blog too. Somehow I feel that she gives me some inspiration to blog. Okay anyway before I start, show you all some pictures first!

Okay wow look at all those. Many many random pictures hehe.
Anyway, we've been playing basketball for PE for the past two days and I really hate it. I hate basketball. But it was quite okay the little matches we have. Exciting and thrilling but I feel really stupid dribbling the ball. Got a lot of funny things that happened during basketball (refer to Cat's blog for more information hahaha)
Mdm Chan said that she's going to check on me to see if I've been blogging. Sorry Mdm Chan! I need to blog once a week or so. But I've been doing my tutorials! Hahahha.
Yesterday one of the retired civil servants, Mr Lim Siong Guan, came to our school to talk about governance and how our tiny red dot managed to climb to the top and become where we are now. Before the talk, I felt like my school was just making a silly big fuss out of this old man who used to work for the government. But when he started talking about how the government fought for this little red dot and how they thought of the welfare of the general singaporeans, I felt really proud to be a Singaporean. I even felt that I could start singing the national anthem as loud as I do on NDP. Anyway, back to the speaker, he's extremely quick-witted and his answers all strike upon me as valuable things to really ponder about. Not only that, he managed to keep the talk really light-hearted and we laughed quite a bit too. It was overall enjoyable.
I suddenly realised the patriotic side of me.
Anyway, I'm glad I'm born in Singapore and not some sad African country facing hyperinflation or a perpetual drought. Though it really breeds complacency because we've been so sheltered, but I guess it's really difficult to really understand without experiencing.
I shall work extra hard so I can offer my brains to Singapore because knowledge is one of the key resource we have.
Oh before I end, I have to share this with you all.
You know all the oil ridges (correct me if I'm wrong) in the world? Apparently 75% of the oil collected is refined in Singapore. Do you know the fastest way from East Africa to Europe is through Singapore? Do you know the Motorola Razr phone? The design originated in Singapore and it is all manufactured in Singapore too.
There're actually a lot more interesting facts Mr Lim talked about but this is just about it I can remember because I was too lazy to take down notes. Actually, it's because if I were to take down notes, I wouldn't know where to put that piece of paper because it doesn't seem to belong anywhere so I'll probably throw it away in the end.
This week's good :)
Thursday, May 10, 2007
BossaNova Baby!
Posted by Gladys at 10:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment