Before I start, I've already decided I want to spend the rest of my life with Hugh Grant. But before you jump in to inform me he's a few oceans away from me, he's decades older than me and he really just out of reach, it's nice to imagine okay?
Anyhow, we spent one and a half hours during civics today discussing about our ideal life partners. No it's not a little girly talk. It's a class discussion. Interesting right? To have our civics tutor, who's probably in her forties and is very much single, to talk to us about ideal life partners. Not mocking her, but I just find it pretty ironic.
Anyway, the bez gang came up with a mindmap which states some of the criteria of our future spouse.
Oh yes lots of points as you can see. We are not going to settle with any Tom, Dick or Harry thank you very much.
We all agreed that absolutely no body odour and bad breath is probably the most most most crucial factor. It's absolutely non-negotiable, no bargaining and no way are we going to compromise. Of course this means we only want someone with good hygiene. I'm quite fussy about this and I might nitpick.
I want someone humourous. Not those.. try-to-hard kind you know? Some people like to say totally irrelevant stuff and they have really bad timing when they try to say something funny. Timing is essential. If you say it at the wrong time, it's gone. Total fisaco.
And I'll only marry someone hardworking. Someone who's willing to do the housework. If not, I can settle with someone rich and we can employ a maid!
Okay there are a few more other factors you can see them for yourself.
Ever since I read Marley and Me (refer to previous entry), I think I want to marry someone who loves animals. So we can have dogs and live happily ever after. I think I'll really enjoy watching my dog grow and if I have a child, it'll be even nicer watching both of them grow together. I think I might actually stop being cynical and feel happy and get decieved by the beautiful sight of my child and my dog wrestling with each other.
After we completely the mindmap, Bernice told me,"Wah I think I should just date myself." I nodded my head vigorously. Couldn't agree more couldn't agree more. I think if my friendship with Bernice really last all the way, we might end up in our spinster home. Okay, now you wonder, what is a spinster home?
It's basically a house that Bernice and I live in. We'll have a cat and a dog and we'll have very nicely decorated rooms and I'll be in charge of the toilets and we'll paint the walls with nice colours, have many photographs all over the place. It's just our little fantasy as single women in our late thirties. I really wouldn't mind it this way actually. It's nice and we don't need to report to each other all the time. Just stick postits all over the house and we'll be happy and we don't need to concieve.
I know I know, it's very ridiculous. But who knows, it might come true.
I think I should give myself a chance to get married.
I'm going to lose weight so someone as great as the one described in the mindmap might come along and sweep me off my feet because I'm so bloody hot.
Bye!
Thursday, March 29, 2007
Your Ideal Life Partner.
Posted by Gladys at 10:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment