I'm going to campaign for a position in the Student's Council.
Only problem is that I cannot write speeches for nuts.
(That's probably the bloody reason why I got B4 for my English.)
I'm probably going to print out whatever I've typed, walk up to the platform during morning assembly, say good morning, stuff the paper into my pocket and talk about something else.
"Dear fellow students, because of my burning desire to be an events planner when I grow up, I assure you that I'll plan events for the school that will etch into your minds, and you'll be telling your grandchildren about it."
If I just say that sentence, they're probably going to think I'm just wasting their time and they'll forget my name within seven seconds.
My goodness. I seriously need to think of a life-changing speech and maybe one day, my speech will be quoted like how some famous people's words have been quoted.
Thirty years down the road, I might be standing at the podium in the parliament house, yelling the National Day Rally Speech into the microphone.
Then again, do you think they actually write those speeches themselves? I mean it's really long and they're busy people.
I am busy too.
Just not rich enough to get someone to write a speech for me.
It's so exciting. But I'm pretty sure I'm going to throw up in front of my school and they're all going to nickname me barf bag or something stupid.
Okay here's a little thing I thought about when I was in the bus.
When we were in primary school, we discussed and talked about everything to our friends. It was nice and innocent. Occasionally we'll tell our friends we're not going to (be)friend them anymore but we forget who we told that to and everyone's still our friend. And frequently, we tend to develop a crush on a special somone whom you think you'll marry when you're older. We'll inspire to be teachers, policemen and fire fighters.
When we mature (slightly) and proceeded to secondary school, everything is different. There's a lot of gossiping and plenty of backstabbing. Besties no longer are besties. Your arch-enemy is suddenly your girlfriend and you're taking uncountable neoprints. You only discuss about the cute guy next class and how your new arch-enemy should get plastic surgery. Your wardrobe goes for extreme makeover, spectacles disappear and vainity is your companion.
Now that we're in Junior College or Poly, we reflect on our past and promise ourselves that all those silly mistakes will not happen again.
Hah, I think that three paragraphs only applies for girls. Because guys probably only have three words.
Soccer, girls and food.
Maybe I'm just being a feminist here. Arhaha. But after knowing my boyfriend for so long, I decided that all the other guys are like that too.
Okay, my boyfriend is not that horrid. He's very sweet to me. I'm really happy with him. We do have our problems but some way or another it'll be solved and all's well again. When we get into a fight or something, I normally want to burst into flames because I'm so angry yet I don't want to express it. I'm glad I don't flare up.
I'm an angel.
Although I think my boyfriend is from another planet or at least a different planet from me, but opposites do attract!
I love him very very much.
(YOU SEE. I WAS SUPPOSE TO CONCENTRATE ON MY SPEECH. My digressing skills never fail to amaze me.)
Wednesday, March 08, 2006
Vote for me!
Posted by Gladys at 9:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment