Monday, September 26, 2005

Sorry Versus Love

Which word do you use most often?

Which word do you use frequently but hardly mean it?

Sorry. When do you feel sorry? Is it because it's your fault, or you just want to end the argument? Out of courtesy? How many times have you apologised but in your mind you're actually screaming something else? Sometimes I really wonder if the purpose of sorry can be defeated if it is used umpteen times. Actually I think sorry is a stupid word. Action speaks louder than words. Whenever someone apologises, you would expect some thing to be done. Therefore, sorry is not need.

Love. It takes more than quick heartbeat and a flushing face to bring in the topic of love. But I have no rights to say that because I've only known my baby for a week before we got together. You might say I'm impulsive but I just felt it was okay and it was not a hasty decision. Love is often confused with infatuation. But then again, who knows the difference between love and puppylove. My cousin got attached when he was seventeen but after five years, he's still with his girlfriend. Do you think you're experiencing puppylove when you're young? Or is it possible that it's love? I don't know. It's up to you to think.

Honestly, I think both words are used a lot whenever I'm in a relationship. Well okay, I've said sorry more often in the current relationship than all my other relationships added up together. Not that I don't mean them or say them out of the sake of saying, but because I've finally learnt how to compromise. I wouldn't say I compromise a lot, but at least I put in the effort to admit my mistakes and apologise. When you say sorry, there should be something done. Like compensation or something morally correct is done. Why I say morally correct? What is correct? We have been conditioned by the society and vice versa to think this way. Why do we need to chew food with our mouths close? If we're not suppose to talk while eating, then what's the point of a candlelit dinner?

There's so many things to ponder in this world. I wish I had more intelligence to answer them. But sadly I'm too busy trying to understand Organic Chemistry which is not anywhere near fun.

0 comments: