Monday, August 29, 2005

To my Mr. Very

Who probably hasn't visited my blog in a long time.

Anyway, I've suddenly realised that my life has changed a lot since I started to become more serious about relations. It's no longer like how I was in Primary school, where my biggest worry was if my crush likes me or not. Each day I'll talk to my best friend about what he said to me. I'll probably repeat the same line over and over again like a spoilt recorder. Normally they'll get irritated by me but they'll still listen to me rant about how nice he was to me and all those shite.

When I got my first boyfriend, who isn't at all nice, I decided that I didn't really quite like relationships. But I just continued getting in and out of relationships. They were like flings without sex. It was just plain stupid. I was just wasting my free SMSes on people I don't really give a damn about.

I had my share of romantic relationships. But never really stable. Quarrels were unavoidable and they were left there to worsen the little crack. Soon after the crack widen and the whole foundation collapses. It was like a little girl's dream. Like your boyfriend would give in to you for everything. You don't really need to say sorry because he'll do it for you. That kind of thing actually doesn't exist. Even if it does, it's probably not a real relationship because one party is not at all happy. I had experience this kind of lopsided relationship and it ended terribly. Not only because I thought he was happy, I was very happy myself.

Until I met Weicong who showed me that giving in should be shared between the two of us. Of course it doesn't feel good, but at least it wouldn't screw the relationship up. I was stubborn in the beginning. Refused to apologise or give in even though it was my fault. But everyone has their own flaws right? He was not flawless too but I'm not going to elaborate about it. Then I know that this is the kind of relationship that I'll probably be going through for the rest of my life. And I wouldn't mind being with him until I'm old and dying. I can feel the stability in our relationship even though sometimes we still have tiffs. Perhaps it's due to the fact that I still have not completely grown out of the little perfect dream I have in mind when it comes to a relationship. It has been six months plus and really, I'm happy.

0 comments: