Ugh I'm damn dumb. I brought my baby's house keys home. And he got quite pissed because I said I left it on the table. Which of course wasn't the case. It probably somehow slipped into the bag and yeah.. ):
Anyway I read this book, The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom. Really good and meaningful book. Very.. enlightening. I think everyone should read it so they can stop being selfish and self-centred. Being alive doesn't just mean you only, because everything you do can cause a big hoo-ha. Okay read this example taken from the book.
Take one story at two different angle. This is about how Nicky lost his car key. As he didn't want to bring one whole bunch of keys, Nicky placed each key into a few pockets and went for the rides at Ruby Pier (amusement park). Then after he got off the Freddy's Free Dall ride, he realised he lost his car key and cursed. Another angle is when one of the carts on Freddy's Free Fall suddenly stopped mid air, leaving four passengers dangling on a pole and it happened because the pulley was wedged by a small object that had fallen through the opening at the most precise moment. Eddie saw, a car key.
I summarised quite a bit though. The story's actually about Eddie. Who in the end got killed by the cart because he was trying to save a girl who was also on the ride I think. I think what the book is trying to say is that every little thing that happens to you, can affect others in a big way. Everyone's lives are altered by other people which is why you never live alone.
Heh, reading good books always motivates me to start writing a book but each time I open a Word document, I'll just stare at the blinking cursor and blog about how lazy I am. Lol. I'm such a pig.
Ahh, see. And because of my laziness, you all can't get to read the story I'm going to type. Your life has changed because of me. LOL. I'm just talking bull.
Wednesday, June 08, 2005
Posted by Gladys at 9:54 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment