I just watched the first two episodes of House season 6. It's my second time watching it. What happened was that House checked himself into the asylum to treat his mental illness and drug problems. His drug problems were solved but his constant detachment from people and his own feelings remained.
He moved into another ward where long-term mental illness patients stayed. All those people in the ward are perfectly normal, they can have proper conversations and everything. But one was afraid of small spaces, one was afraid of everything, one didn't eat much, one thinks he's superman.
And the more I thought about it, everyone has a mental illness, only the magnitude differs. Some may like to wash their hands excessively, that is a mental illness but is it a bad thing? I get extremely uncomfortable when I write notes with a different colour, or when the words slant downwards. Sometimes I think I have a mental illness. You know honestly, I think being anal is a mental illness lol.
So many people out there can't handle their emotions, their thoughts, their anger. These are all mental illnesses I believe. Perhaps everyone has a mental illness of seeing the two words 'mental illness' as some kind of disease.
To cope is not to deny. To not deny is to be able to talk about it. To be able to talk about it is to face up to it. To face up to it is the first step to solving it. To take the first step is the start of recovery and acceptance.
Friday, September 25, 2009
What's on your mind?
Posted by Gladys at 11:45 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment