Wednesday, July 08, 2009

School Experience

I really ought to be sleeping but I'm not that tired now and what I usually do when I'm awake during my sleep time, blog!

I've been observing classes for two days now and it made me wonder how I was like in Primary School.

Yes, I remember standing during Chinese lessons in Primary 2, who knows what I was doing but probably chatting, or bullying another classmate.

I also hate to say it, I remember walking with my P3 Chinese teacher to the staffroom to call up my mother because I didn't submit my book for.... a week? It's really just nonsense, and I didn't do anything.

God, lazy from young.

Anyway, at the end of P3, I got first in class for Chinese exams. The look on my Chinese teacher's face made me fall in love with Chinese.

God, evil from young.

If you must know, his face was slightly scrunched and I do believe it was due to a mixture of displeasure and shock.

I never really did any of my work willingly. Okay actually not many kids do their work willingly. They only do it for a couple of reasons.

1. The teacher wouldn't be in the best of moods.
2. Standing outside the classroom or at the back of the classroom. (Oh, children develop the sense of guilt around the age of 9-11, so since it's a new kind of emotion, usually it is quite very heightened.)
3. Calling up of parents? (I'm not sure how much of that I was concerned with.... and how much the kids nowadays are concerned with this point.)

I remember loving Art lessons. I still remember once we can to do some crayon/watercolour painting thing. We had to colour this, I suppose, tracing paper with crayons, crush it so there are creases, and casually use watercolour to go over the colouring. It was fun.

Just something I noticed in a P3 class today. There was a girl sitting next to me, just the usual kind I've seen around school. Camp Rock or High School Musical pencil case with a girly bag. But what really caught my eye was that she wrote a boy's name on her hand and drew a couple of hearts around it.

Talk about puppy love.

0 comments: