Heya, I've finally finished my Twilight Saga. I think none of you know about it because I haven't exactly been updating fervently, and besides, I'm so engrossed in reading the four beautiful books I didn't really do much except to sit around the house like a parasite. Basically, in a nutshell, I was lying all over the place, as long as there's a fan and enough light. So for this brief moment in my life, I actually knew how some insects feel about light, and how polar bears feel about coolness.
Nevertheless, the point I want to make is that it's a wonderful sequel which helped me spell out unconditional, requited love, in a way none have really done so. Or perhaps, I haven't been reading a lot and my scope usually just hangs around romance.
Anyhow, kudos to the sequel! A brilliant one I must say.
I haven't been doing much this week, except to salivate over the books. However, today I decided to take a break from the book and exercise. I asked my mom to go swimming with me at the new complex near my place. She decided that we should cycle there so okay, since it's a lot faster. As we were going into the lift, I suddenly felt like I was 9 again. When I used to go cycling on my own with this ancient purple bike, which will wail when I braked. She helped me get the bike up if she sees me after work. It was quite a nice feeling, to be able to feel like that.
We cycled there and locked the bikes in place. Went into the complex and was greeted by throngs of people at the complex. It was so packed I tell you. Mostly middle-age women sitting around looking bored. I am amazed at the level of sacrifice a mother can make for their children. My mom said to swim in the pool that was sheltered, well okay. But guess what, the water was icy cold! I think this reiterates the point that water heats up and cools down slow.
We slowly lowered ourselves into the water, by then I was covered in goosebumps and my mom was laughing a lot. Clearly, she was enjoying the moment. And guess what, she started splashing water at me. My grown-up mother, splashed water at me. I was amused but I told her to stop it because I was freezing. I wonder how people don't fall sick when the sun is scorching and we're submerged in icy water.
Anyhow, we only swam for a while. I saw some interesting people. A girl, whose face was caked with make up, in the pool mind you, and a fat man with a ferocious tattoo at his right butt cheek till mid-thigh. Lastly, a frolicking middle-aged, obese couple. I really wonder who goes to the swimming pool to swim anymore.
A true paradigm shift.
Saturday, November 08, 2008
Superhero for the day
Posted by Gladys at 11:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment