Sunday, February 10, 2008

You may now kiss the bride

Hello! Today's service is full of luuuuuurve~ Today we sort of had a small celebration for the coming Valentine's Day this Thursday. Pastor Kong was reminding all the husbands about it, he kept putting up four fingers.

Anyway the best part for the service was that he invited all the married couples to come forth and renew their vows.

Gosh, I think it was so romantic. I'd like that very much. In fact, I know for sure I'll love a church wedding. I know it I know it! I was teary when I watched them exchange vows. I smiled like crazy and I saw that sparkle in their eyes. I know I did!!!!! You know, that sparkle. It's like falling in love all over again.

I really hope all of them are happy together, I hope their marriages will improve after today and I hope that the sacredness of marriages will be restored. Screw divorce. Screw that easy way out.

Some time ago, my mom took this paper thingy back from a wedding exhibition. It was the wedding vows. I re-read the paper 3495982374982 times. I think it's super duper romantic and I'll probably cry on my own wedding day. I'd be so happy. I'd be flushing with happiness.

On account that today is a good day and I didn't really do anything productive, except to get enough rest, I'm going to type out what's on this paper.



THE THANKSGIVING
The priest says to the bridegroom.

(Name), you have acknowledged (name) to be your wife. Will you love her, comfort her, honour and protect her, and, forsaking all others, be faithful to her as long as you both shall live?

He answers: I will.

The priest says to the brude.

(Name), you have acknowledged (name) to be your husband. Will you love him, comfort him, honour and protect him, and, forsaking all others, be faithful to him as long as you both shall live?

She answers: I will.


MARRIAGE VOW
The bridegroom and bride face each other. The bridegroom takes the bride's right hand in his, says,

I, (name), acknowledge you, (name), to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward; for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love, cherish, and honour, till death do us part, according to God's holy law, this is my solemn vow.

The bride takes the bridegroom's right hand in hers, and says,

I, (name), acknowledge you, (name) to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward; for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love, cherish, and honour, till death do us part, according to God's holy law, this is my solemn vow.


EXCHANGE OF RINGS
The priest receives the rings. He says,

Heavenly Feather, by your blessing, let these rings be to (name) and (name) a symbol of unending love and faithfulness, to remind them of the vow and covenant which they have made this day; through Jesus Christ our Lord.

All: Amen.

The bridegroom places the ring on the fourth finger of the bride's left hand, and holding it there, says,

I give you this ring as a sign of our marriage. With my body I honour you, all that I am I give to you, and all that I have I share with you, within the love of God, Fater, Son, and the Holy Spirit.

The bride places the ring on the fourth finger of the bridegroom's left hand, and holding it there, says,

I give you this ring as a sign of our marriage. With my body I honour you, all that I am I give to you, and all that I have I share with you, within the love of God, Fater, Son, and the Holy Spirit.


BENEDICTION
The peace of God, which passes all understanding, keep your hearts and minds in the knowledge and love of God, and of his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord; and the blessing of God Almighty, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, be among you and remain with you always. Amen.


I was still in quite a jolly mood while typing this then Ian came along and talked about my blubber.

Suddenly marriage vows don't seem so fun when you're fat.

(Just a side note, the wedding ring is worn on the left ring finger because the vein in the left ring finger was believed to be directly connected to the heart.)

0 comments: