That was what service taught me last week. I think selflessness is one of the most difficult thing to ever achieve.
Anyway, today was a pretty good day. I love every day except Mondays and Tuesdays. Hmm I stayed back in school and went jogging with four other secondary three girls and this odd secondary one boy tagged along too. Hahhaha they're such funny people. They remind me of myself when I was in secondary school. But I've never jogged with my teachers back then. I only had one really close teacher who'll always bitch with me about how much my school sucked. Hahhaha.
I think this is good exercise. Most of us are borderline overweight. Okay I think I'm slightly lighter than them. I'm probably a 110% and they look about 130% and only one girl is 100%. And we're planning to do it up to three times a week since they have to study and I probably won't stay till 5pm every day to run with them.
I may love my school but I have a life too.
We'll be running tomorrow too! Exercise is good. I was really tired after marking only four pathetic scripts. Super taxing I think. I gotta keep checking the rubrics, I have to record down the marks and all. Four scripts were enough to completely sap me of my energy. I was pretty apprehensive about jogging because I was so, so exhausted. But I went anyway since I already promised them I'll run with them.
And by golly, I felt wonderful after the run. It was only a short run, I reckon 1.8km. But it felt really refreshing. I was exceedingly pleased with the results of the run.
I told them that we'll be running one round for a week, then the next week we'll aim for two rounds. Then we'll alternate back to one round for the following week. I think this is good way to train up. Can shed some weight, become fit, get A for 2.4 and it keeps you awake!
I really hope they'll ask if I can go for the third round after a month.
I'll be glad to go the third round. Even if I were to be gasping for air, I'll still go because I'll be so proud of them.
Yesterday there was a little scene during my Geography lesson. I was rushing to complete the chapter so that the class will be prepared for Thursday's test. Normally when I'm doing a new topic, I will not allow anyone to visit the loo because I really don't want them to lose out on the things I'll be going through.
This boy asked if he could go to the loo. I said no. He looked pissed. I didn't care.
During the lesson, he kept talking and talking. I was distracted and annoyed. So I told him to shut his mouth. And wow, he looked freaking PISSED with me. You should have seen his face man.
So once I saw that, I got pissed too. Here I am trying to teach you so you can answer some questions during the test and there you are yakking away. I made him stand and I asked him why does he look so angry. He said he didn't talk. Then I got really mad. IF he didn't talk, I wouldn't get distracted and I wouldn't ask him to shut up. So I asked him why does he look like he wants to beat me up. Then he was like,"I also cannot."
WAH! I was pissed to the highest order. So I shoot back. "So it means that if you had the guts to do it, you would lah?" And guess what. He said,"I don't have wad. I'm a coward. What're you going to do about it."
I was taken back, to be honest. So I asked him what's the problem, this time, gently. He said he wanted to use the toilet urgently and I wouldn't let him.
-______________________________- right.
So I told him to go. He looked at me blankly. I prompted him a few more times. I said," You want to go right? Just go lah what are you waiting for."
So he went.
Then I told my class I am a very diplomatic teacher. I explained to them that the only reason why I don't allow them to go to the toilet during the lesson is because I don't want them to lose out during the lesson. I told them that if that is going to make them soooooo unhappy, then I'll let them go to the toilet, provided that they are completely aware that they are losing out on the explanation of the things I'm going through.
I always allow my kids to go to the toilet once they're done with their work or when I'm done explaining because I have a bladder problem and I know how shitty it is to hold pee.
I'm so nervous for tomorrow's Geography test.
Anyway, I've got this 3-month old chihuahua at home now. It's by far the cutest chihuahua I've ever seen and I'm really fond of it. So cute so cute! Xiaohei hates her because I keep cuddling her. But I can't help it, she's so cute and she bounces all over the place. So cute!
But I told Xiaohei that she'll always be my #1 dog.
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Love is defined as selflessness.
Posted by Gladys at 10:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment