School has been great! Time is flying like nobody's business. Maybe I don't want to be a teacher anymore since time really flies by in a blink of an eye. It's crazy man, I can still remember how I felt on Monday and it's already Friday tomorrow. I don't think I want my life to go into turbo speed.
I still remember how I used to tell my friends that the two years I spent in IJC is incredible. After two years of endless studying and moping around, it went by real quick. It feels like.. a mere six months or so. It's mad, it's like I grew older by 2 years and I feel like it's been only six months.
Do you know that next week is the last week of term 1 already? It's so bloody fast! Now I'm scared to grow old because everything is flying past so quickly I can barely grasp it and enjoy it before it's over. Thank God Ian and I are taking it slow, I want to enjoy every single moment with him :)
Anyway I think I'm making tonnes of grammar mistakes. After marking 80 badly-written compositions, I think I got influenced by my students. I was giving them marks today and the lowest I gave was 8/30. Lol I'm not strict, in fact, I am quite lenient already. My colleague probably would have given him 5? It's quite fun actually but I got pretty messed up after a while because I was so tired and the whole marking thing is so mechanical.
Tell you all this funny script I read. After reading it, I had to take an-hour break because it was so hilarious I couldn't bring myself to continue marking. He talked about hiking at this barren land. I thought he was quite smart to be able to use barren. But turns out..... "then I saw this boy at the marshland where there was a lot of ripe potatoes."
LOL like seriously, where did the marshland and ripe potatoes come from?!?! I actually put a small tick next to barren. Then after reading that line, I cancelled the tick and wrote at the side,"do you really know the meaning of barren?"
Hahhha I used up a red pen already.
Tomorrow I'm meeting Bezzz gang (excluding Yanlin) for dinner. I'm quite happy because it's been long since I met Tengtengteng and I still have her Christmas present.
Life has been great for me. I've got a great boyfriend/accountant/personal trainer/baby and I've got great colleagues and I've got great friends, students and my wonderful family. I'm really happy.
But I'll be satisfied if I lost weight. Then Ian will become my great boyfriend/accountant/personal trainer/baby.
Anyway, TGIF. :D
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Love is a many splendoured thing
Posted by Gladys at 10:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment