Saturday, January 05, 2008

Conversations with the Fat Girl by Lisa Palmer

I'm reading this book now and I read this part which is very close to heart *looks a bit sad*


"Maybe I'm not working as hard as I should to lose weight. For the love of God, I'm not actually doing anything at all except obsessing about how shitty it is to be fat. How many epiphanies is it going to take to finally get me to do something? I get why I eat. I get why I stay this way. Now I have to decide if I want to continue to live like this. Not because of this bitch calling me out tonight, but because of the way I'm living my life. Or rather, not living it."


I've been having this lopsided battle for.... uncountable years. I know I'm fat, and I know I want to do something about it. But just like what Nic told me before, there's a difference between deciding to do something and doing it.

Then Ian turned up and became my epiphany.

Thank you baby, you don't know how thankful I am to you and how happy it makes me to look at the weighing scale now.

I didn't lose like a stone or anything. But looking at the reduced weight which remained stable for a few days, it really makes me happy.

You're really Godsent, I love you. :)

0 comments: