Monday, May 28, 2007

Before the ordeal.

I borrowed this book from my school library and it's a really interesting book. I'm terribly motivated to study after reading it. I read this part which I found really, really amusing.

"And the horror stories of how difficult the examination questions flooded my mind. You had to really know your stuff. The most perplexing, complicated questions on each subject appeared on the tests. The government made sure that 30 per cent of the test-takers fainted upon seeing the questions. Another 40 per cent puked at their own ignorance. The remaining 29 per cent would climb the cliff, but only 1 per cent, their hands bleeding, would make it to the top. It was equality."

Don't you think it's really funny? It's about how this village boy in China had to fight his way through discrimination (because he was a landlord's grandson) and had to struggle so hard with his work since he wanted to major in English. It's a really good book. It tells me how bloody hard I need to work in order to get what I want.

I really want to get into university and make my parents proud.

Bye, sleep. Revision lecture tomorrow and I'm guilty of not doing the work. So I need to sleep early to ensure that I'll be wide awake to absorb every single information and knowledge.

I AM SO GOING TO FUCKING PASS MY STATISTIC TEST, I SWEAR.

(My first step to achieving my goals.)

0 comments: