Saturday, July 15, 2006

Reflection.

Today is one of those day which what I've feared most is coming true.

I'm home with my dogs and my maid who just got home from her off day.

Yes, my maid has been out the entire day.

And me?

I had flag day and reached home at three and stoned and napped.

Like what Jolene and I talked about last time.

About being found dead on this badly-sunken chair with terribly-expired yoghurt on my lap and no one will know about it until someone can't stand the stench.

Ahhhh... The loneliness.

But then again flag day was fun! Ginger and I were injecting fun into getting-donations-from-badly-paid-Singaporeans-under-the-hot-sun. We were laughing hysterically and not working as hard as the others.

Everyone else, Bernice, Kahyih, Abi and Jingwei, finished their stickers faster than the both of us and their tin cans were much heavier!

But nevertheless Ginger and I managed to tire our wrists out because our tin cans got pretty heavy.

This is my second time doing flag day and I remembered how asshole I was when I was doing it for the first time. I actually went home took a shower and a short nap and went back to return the plastic pocket kind of thing.

Like one of Ginger's donor said, "Bad for my karma." Because he only donated twenty cents.

So I guess today paid off my debt.

I repeated "Hi would you like to donate?" approximately 5982659582 times. There was a balance of people who donated and people who didn't. After working so hard today, I've decided to donate to every tin can I see in the future.

Frankly I was pretty upset when people turned me down. I know it's normal to have poor (or really stingy) people around. But I'm not asking for ten bucks or something. Just any amount. Even if it's twenty cents.

It doesn't matter how much you donate because at the end of the day, you would know you've made a difference, even though it's a really small difference.

Sometimes I think Singapore has progressed so quickly that hardly anyone can keep up.

That's why everyone is always in a rush, always walking as fast as those feet can take us.

That's why people are unwilling to stop rushing to drop coins into my tin can.

The most annoying part is when the people turn me down by saying "It's okay."

Hey fuck you. I should be the one saying it's okay. It's pointless to tell me it's okay. I'll kick you butts.

The second most annoying part is when they completely ignore me.

Hey fuck you. No manners. I will throw my tin can at your face and hopefully your nose will crack or at least bleed.

Oh yes we took a few pictures. Will post them when I get them.

OKOK I KNOW I'M ALWAYS LYING WHEN I SAY I'LL POST PICTURES.

I've never understood why I always find it so taxing to upload pictures.

It's hard to understand laziness anyway.

I can stand for around four hours (with occasional breaks) and repeat one line 9825925 times. Yet I can't upload a few pictures into my blog.

I'm an enigma.

0 comments: