I'm baaaaaaaack! I know you've missed me. Teehee.
Day One:
Woke up at an unearthly hour, prepared for camp then went downstairs to wait for Bernice. Kahyih panicked because she didn't have a passport! So we were in school and I almost shat on myself because I was so bloody nervous.
Had flag-raising then headed off to Jalan Bahtera.
The campsite is so isolated from the world. So during the bus ride there, I forgo my plan to escape in the middle of the night.
When we reached the place, there was a bit of admin work here and there then we set off to our huts! It's actually just a wooden hut.
Yes, we slept on wooden planks. It isn't all that bad but it was pretty stuffy inside and gosh, our feet stank!
We did the ground station games and Nitro Crossing is the best!
Basically you just need to swing yourself across onto this platform.
The catch is.. your whole class has to be on the platform too.
The second catch is.. the platform is really small!
It was fun nevertheless.
We did other stations and I tell you. Spiderweb and The Wall is hell.
A moron was in charge of Spiderweb and I haven't seen anyone so bossy and stuck up. Unfriendly little worm. Not helpful at all.
The Wall! Gave me numerous bruises everywhere. We were suppose to climb up this wall. And when I was reaching the top, suddenly so many hands were pulling me and I just hit everywhere possible. I was laughing a lot actually. Partially it was because everyone's feet stank to the highest heavens. Another reason was because.. it was just very laughable.
After that, we did kayaking. Poor Kahyih and Bernice! They have a phobia for water but I think they kind of got used to it already. I paired up with Kahyih for kayaking and it was so fun! Then we had to build this raft with drums, logs and ropes. Magdalene was like a rope-tying machine! Super rope girl! Lol. We actually sort of gave up on our raft because it looked pretty unstable.
But guess what!
It managed to float and carry about six people! I was laughing a lot and I think I drank a lot of sea water.
I'm so proud of my class!
Day Two:
My worst nightmare came along. All the Tower and High elements.
God. I almost seriously peed on myself.
Actually I only did two items.
Rock climbing and Flying Fox.
Most of the time I was belaying people.
My god, the Flying Fox. I don't think I've ever been so frightened in my life.
I crawled up the tower and I was grabbing onto my teacher. When all the carabiners had been secured on my harness, it was the moment for me to flip myself off the bloody platform.
My knees almost buckled when I saw how high I was and I almost wanted to give up and get off. But of course, no one is going to allow me to get off the tower. And since I was the first person to do the Flying Fox in my class, and I don't want to eat into other people's time, I just leaned forward and flew down.
I was shrieking for The Queen of England.
But after taking the biggest step in my life, and whooshing down, it was pretty okay.
I was shaking quite a bit though.
Bernice is like Spiderwoman. She did almost all the high element items. She said it was partially because she didn't get to do Flying Fox. Then she did this Centipede thing and it completely drained her of her energy. She was doing her tired laughter and her eyes were out of focus.
(Okay lah I am exaggerating.)
So apparently the conversation with her will go like this.
Someone: Bernice you wanna do or not?
Bernice: Okay lor.
If not, it'll be..
Someone: Bernice you do okay?
Bernice: Anything.
Lol. We dubbed her Fearless.
Kahyih was very brave also. I can't believe she agreed to do Abseiling.
My god. When I saw her putting on the harness and helmet, I had a rush of panic. I mean abseiling is seriously not the kind of thing you'll do when you're scared of heights. When she was about to come down I felt like I was going to puke all over myself.
And the scariest part was that she lost grip and slammed onto the wall. Her helmet was out of place and I think she almost passed out.
But thank god she got down safely.
Campfire night was fabulous! Our class was doing the item with 11D and we did a parody of American Idol. It was really hilarious because Sri was singing a Mandarin song and hitting it was the drums. So it was like Mandarin song with a touch of Indian-ness.
I thought it brought the house down!
The other groups were alright. Not that entertaining but it was okay. I kind of wished we sang the campfire songs. I think campfire songs is a must-have on campfire night. But they cancelled that part out because of the lack of time.
Day Three:
Big sweep! Area cleanup! It was okay except for the fact that there weren't enough brooms for everyone but I'm glad they kept the whole process short and sweet and before I know it, I was back in school!
Had Macdonalds with my class people. And we talked quite a bit.
We all agreed that the camp bonded the class. But it also broke some bonds.
It's true that the camp helped us discover our classmates' talents.
Examples would be Magdalene's rope tying skills and Sri's ability to sing Mandarin song.
It was really meaningful.
Summary:
The food was fabulous though not enough fibre because I found it hard to shit.
PT was inhumane. Not only was it harmful to our bodies, it was done before half of Singapore was awake.
The toilets were a big relief.
There were big fat lizards everywhere.
Sleeping was a pain, but thank god I had my baby's jacket.
I missed him like hell.
Saturday, April 22, 2006
Hello Civilisation!
Posted by Gladys at 10:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment