Wednesday, October 19, 2005

I'm getting older now.

I was just reading through all my testimonials and suddenly I realised that I've lost quite a number of friends. Okay, not lost.. but perhaps distanced. Funny how people come and go. And how they make a difference in your life.

Hah, I had lots of fun with my IRC friends. I used to be an IRC junkie. 24/7 chatting in IRC like a stupid lifeless moron. Once, my results plummeted because I spent revision time on IRC. I knew quite a number of friends there and they were absolutely fabulous people. Super fun to be with and they are all very amiable. But I guess people do grow out of novelties after some time. And I gradually grew out of IRC and perhaps that's why I'm not close with my IRC friends anymore.

Funny how just reading testimonials can make me feel so.. nostalgic. I do miss those times when the channel is full of people and everyone will just flood like crazy. Especially before a special day like Christmas or New year. It's soooo much fun. Thinking about it makes me feel quite excited.

IRC is where I learnt to be random. At three am (yes, I normally am awake at three), I'll probably say I want to eat egg tarts and I'll promptly change my moniker to eggtart. I know it sounds all absurd but that was life for me.

Oh... I miss those times!

0 comments: