Sorry I sounded like a deranged maniac. So instead of doing my TYS as I've mentioned earlier, I went to flip through the Ikea Catalogue my dad brought home. I know I have never said this to anyone, except maybe to some people, I've always loved furniture. Okay okay, I know you probably think I've lost my marbles but really, I've always adored furnitures. Especially chairs that are shaped like a bowl. I like the feeling of hovering but not exactly hovering. Okay that's just a stupid sentence with bad structure. Once too many times I've dreamt of sitting in a rattan swing, which is actually like a bowl that is hanging from the ceiling, cushioned with tonnes of fluffy pillows and whatever that is soft and non-living. Another familar dream would be lying in a hammock and swinging around aimlessly.
See how much I love "hanging around"?
This entry, I believe is particularly personal because I've never really shared my dreams with others. One of the reasons is because I can't seem to remember them. Okay enough of digression.
Back to furniture.
I love furnitures. I love beautiful houses with no excess shite lying around the place. I love interior design though I can't even draw a fucking chair. I need to make friends with interior designers so maybe they'll design my house for free. I sound like a goddamn cheapskate but hey, I was brought up in Singapore. Everything free is worth doing. Ikea catalogue is one of the best(est) thing in a year. I can count on it to arrive every year and mind you, it fascinates me like nothing I can think of right now. Beautiful breath-taking pictures, colours that are meticulously combined together and THOSE BLOODY NICE BEDROOMS. Argh fuck. I love the bedrooms. It's so fucking perfect. I've always wanted a loft bed but I always change my mind in the end because it'll be a bloody hassle to climb up and down the stupid steps. But it's still fucking perfect. I might consider getting it if I have my own apartment. But this is not fucking Ireland. You don't just sashay into an apartment just because you've enough money to buy it. Plus I doubt a bathtub would be allowed if I were to stay in a flat. I love bathtubs. This is just plain sad. If I were to have a house, I'll knock down all the walls and have a really huge room. There's no need for walls or doors. Opening doors are a waste of time. But I would prefer living in another country where the weather is cool all the time.
Sigh. It stinks when you have money but it's just not bloody enough.
Friday, September 02, 2005
Ikea Catalogue Turns Me On
Posted by Gladys at 9:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment