Sunday, September 04, 2005

Hormones might (not) be at fault.

I'm starting to be convinced that hormones are actually not at fault when girls get really moody and bitchy. It's actually their way of accepting the cruelty of life.

As we grow older, we'll realise that there are actually a lot of hypocrites scattered all over the place. I don't know if it applies to you, but I felt much happier when I was in Primary school. Like everyone was friends with each other, there were no distinct cliques and everyone was carefree. And I believe the major problems back then were crushes and PSLE. But now there are friendship problems, and the severity of relationship problems have reached a whole new level. Teenagers have found other ways to solve their problems. Committing suicide and self-mutilation. Did you even think about cutting yourself when you were twelve? You probably didn't have the courage to jump off a building. It's just very saddening to know that maybe the grown-ups have a lousier way of handling their problems. This world is just so sad.

I read about the terrible hurricane which ruined the whole of New Orleans. Okay maybe not whole, but the entire area is in a very bad state. This is just like another tsunami only that the impact was much bigger. What impact? The increment of oil prices. It sparked protests in Indonesia. Hurricane Katrina disrupted the amount of supply of oil coming from New Orleans, which was quite a big amount I heard. Due to the oil-thirsty world, the oil refineries were already working at full capacity and now that there's a sudden dip, the oil prices have shot up. Sky high, I believe. Another sadder thing is that it might remain high for quite some time.

It's just sad to know that humans are the one killing themselves slowly. More specifically, it's the politicians. Why is there a need to upgrade yourself and progress? If only people didn't crave to become more intelligent, gain more power and fame. If only people weren't so adventurous and hardworking. We probably wouldn't find out the uses of crude oil and our ozone layer would still be really thick. Now that we're so dependent on crude oil, it's technically impossible to live without it.

Alas! It's running out. Rapidly.

My tutor told me that apparently they're currently researching on how to make use of nuclear energy. You see my point? I'm sure those radioactivity scientist know the power of those bloody radioactive substance. Yet they still want to make use to them, in our daily life. I'm sure from the day the world starts using nuclear energy, looking distorted is perfectly normal because everyone will be deformed. I think every single effort the world is trying to put in to make life better, it just backfires and more problems arise. I just hate to know that my life is in the hands of people who probably don't know what they're doing because they're too engrossed making money to live a good life but ended up dying of cancer.

Sometimes I really wish I can live in the mountains, make friends with bears and share their berries.

0 comments: