Yanlin posted the URL of the blog of the girlfriend of the NS man who died in Brunei during training.
After reading the first entry, fat teardrops rolled down my cheeks profusely as I tried very hard to continue reading despite the blurred vision.
I think her blog will have the same effect on everyone who has someone close to their heart, someone they love dearly. (Disclaimer: Fine, no one will cry as hard as me, but there'll still be sadness!)
As I read the entry, I could feel my hair standing on their ends, a tiny creepy feeling moved down my spine.
How fragile life is.
How sad it is for us to know that we live but someday we'll die. But actually, that can be good in a way that we know how to treasure what and who we have, and live life to the fullest. However we all know it doesn't work this smoothly because, life, just isn't smooth-sailing.
Something will happen to push you down on your knees, tear your morale apart, and shred your self-esteem and confidence into naught. Someone you love might break your heart, cause you to weep for countless nights, hence soaking your pillow with pools of tears and mucus. I remember watching myself cry while looking at the toilet mirror. The swollen and puffy eyes, Rudolf's nose and tear-streaked cheeks.
But I look at myself now.
A little fatigue, slightly darkened eye rings, but no doubt, different from that sad face I saw a year ago.
I think we must all have faith that difficult times will pass. We must all believe that in time to come, we'll be able to think back at this particular moment or incident and think about how silly or foolish we've been to have even put ourselves through that crap.
Only by moving on and letting go, then we'll be able to live life happily.
We don't need to be supremely rich (though I don't deny the fact that striking lottery will make me as happy as a lark) but we have to learn to be contented. We don't need to have luscious lips like Angelina Jolie nor a figure like Beyonce (though I don't deny that just the latter can make me happier than striking lottery) but we learn to live with what we have, or work hard to achieve what we want (which I'm not exactly doing but I'm quite contented).
I'm just really contented that I have wonderful friends and a wonderful boyfriend. And of course, a wonderful family who gave me such a wonderful life so that I can be mentally sound enough to be typing this happy entry, full of gratitude and optimism.
Lol, suddenly it seems as though I'm being sarcastic.
I suddenly lost my emo-ness.
Getting a haircut tomorrow! Apologies for the abrupt ending lol.
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Emofest
Posted by Gladys at 10:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment