How many bloody Chinese Composition have we done on worshipping idols? My Chinese O level oral was on Singapore Idol. How many times people debated about idol frenzies?
Why do teenagers do it?
It is because they sing very well? Or maybe they have that "in" look? I don't know. Call me a conservative tight pussy but to me, getting into a frenzy and shrieking like a banshee is not really worship. It's plain madness and uncontrollable, raging hormones. But sadly, in Singapore, we do have a lot of these kind of crazy, but not crazy enough, people.
Why would you want to queue up for a few days just to see someone for three pathetic seconds? And I believe that an artist's memory span is shorter than a goldfish. Is it really worth it?
I've heard of people who buy a few albums which are all the same except for a different cover. Maybe it's an investment and in time to come, it'll be quite valuable. But I mean hello? Wake the fuck up! Teenagers normally don't have that much money to buy so many albums! Unless your father owns an oil company and you stay in a bungalow with a lift. Even so, if I was that rich, I probably will do other things like shopping every day and eat at every single restaurant in Singapore.
Actually I think most of the fans worship Chinese artists like 5566 and Energy and what have you. Honestly I hate all those boybands. I'm not going to tell you why because there's no need to. And no, I don't have a problem with Chinese songs and singers. I actually like some Chinese songs but I don't think I am attracted to any singers. It's the same for English artists. I'm only terribly infatuated with Brad Pitt but I won't save money for a ticket to Hollywood.
I sound like some old-fashioned woman with her reading glasses perch on her nose. But I'm dead serious. I think all those crazy girls/boys(gays) should just drop dead because they are irritating and sickening.
As my mother would say "Why do you need to know the cow who produces tasty milk for you?"
Monday, October 10, 2005
Idol Fanatic
Posted by Gladys at 9:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment